Granite State College: University System of New Hampshire

Transfer Options

If you have previous college experience, you should receive credit for it! More than three quarters of our students bring transfer credit into their degree programs. Our approach to transfer credit maximizes your previous credits to save you time and money in completing your degree. Whether you’ve earned an associate degree or started an undergraduate program at another college, we will make the most of those transfer credits.

Steps to Apply as a Transfer Student:

  1. Submit a GSC application for admission
  2. If you earned credit from one or more previous colleges, make arrangements with these institutions to have your transcripts sent to Granite State College. Official transcripts are required for review and assessment of any transfer credits. You should also arrange to have official score reports for any testing you have completed to be sent directly to GSC Admissions.

    Contact Information:
    • Send Electronic Transcripts to:
    • Mail Hardcopy Transcripts to: Admissions, Granite State College, 25 Hall Street, Concord, NH 03301

Maximize Your Transfer Credits

For those with a variety of credits from one or more previous colleges, Granite State College’s flexible approach will ensure that your prior studies count. When we receive your official transcript(s), we’ll review them against all the degree requirements in your chosen bachelor’s program. When a course you’ve already taken meets one of the requirements, we’ll include that transfer credit in your Granite State College degree program.

Granite State College will accept up to 90 credits in transfer. Maximize your transfer credit into a Granite State College degree program:

  • For all programs, courses with a grade of “C” or higher will be assessed for transfer credit.  If the appropriate criteria is met for transfer, courses will be applied toward the requirements for the program.  Submit official transcripts for any college that you wish to have courses considered for transfer credit.
  • Transfer Pathways have been created for students who have completed an associate degree and possibly additional college credits beyond the associate degree. These pathway options are for GSC bachelor's degrees that may allow high flexibility of transfer credit based the associate program, and any additional credits (up to a maximum of 90) you have already earned. For more details about the Transfer Pathway degree options please click here.
  • Degree Completion programs consist of specific course requirements (15 courses, 60 credits total) toward completion of a bachelor's degree program. These programs require successful completion of an associate degree in a similar program of study.  Click here for more information about the available degree completion program options.

Testing & Training

For information about earning degree credit for other experiences, such as standardized tests or college-level training, please visit our Prior Learning page.

Transfer Agreements

Granite State College has transfer partnerships with other colleges that maximize our transfer credit policy which allows up to a maximum total of 90 credits toward the 120 credits required for a bachelor’s degree. In addition to our generous transfer credit policy, we have specific partnerships with institutions including:

Transfer Credit Policies

  • Associate degree programs accept a maximum of 44 credits in transfer.
  • Bachelor’s degree programs accept a maximum of 90 credits in transfer.
  • Transfer credits are accepted from colleges or universities that are regionally accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Granite State College degree applicants who have attended non-regionally accredited colleges should contact us to discuss prior learning options.
  • Courses completed with a grade of “C” or better are eligible for transfer to meet general education or major requirements.
  • In Degree Completion programs, the earned associate degree transfers in full.

Please see the current GSC Catalog for more information.

Credits Earned from a non-U.S. Institution

If you attended a college or university outside of the United States and wish to have credits transferred into a Granite State College degree program, you will need to have your transcript translated and evaluated before you are fully admitted.

Information on the evaluation of foreign transcripts is available by writing directly to:

Center for Educational Documentation
P.O. Box 170116
Boston, MA 02117
Phone: (617) 338-7171
Fax: (617) 338-7101