Granite State College: University System of New Hampshire

Air University FAQs

Q: Can I start my program at any time?

A: Granite State College's four term academic calendar and rolling admissions policy makes going to college convenient and accessible. Rolling admissions allows you to apply anytime and start at the beginning of any of the four terms. Please contact an advisor for course approval to be sure the course(s) you choose will apply toward your remaining degree requirements.

Q: Will I be assigned an advisor, and if so, will I be able to communicate with that person on a regular basis?

A: All students enrolled in a degree program are assigned an advisor to assist with them from initial inquiry through degree completion. Your specific advisor's contact information will be sent to you with your letter of admission. You will be able to communicate with the advisors on your advising team via telephone, email, and fax.

Q: Can I take proficiency examinations to earn credit toward a degree?

A: Yes. Granite State College awards examination-related college credit via the following:

  • Excelsior College Examinations
  • Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations
  • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Tests
  • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
  • Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT)
  • Other examinations that are recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE)

Q: Will I have to take any general education courses for my GSC bachelor’s degree?

A: Yes. Your CCAF degree will meet the following GSC general education requirements: 


  • Written Communication
  • Quantitative Reasoning
  • Oral Communication
  • Literature & Ideas – or  – Arts & Culture
  • Social Science – or – History & Politics 

You will then need to take courses or standardized exams for the following: 

  • Critical Thinking
  • Information Technology Literacy
  • Arts & Culture or Literature & Ideas
  • Science (2 courses)
  • History & Politics or Social Science
Q: Will courses from other colleges transfer into your partnership school degree plan?

A: We guarantee 64 credits to transfer from CCAF. Additional training experience and credit from other institutions will be taken into consideration toward your degree.

Q: How many courses can I take at one time?

A: The number of courses taken at one time depends on each service member's available time. You should make a course load decision in consultation with your Granite State College advisor.

Q: Will tuition assistance cover the costs for online courses?

A: Yes, online courses are covered by tuition assistance.

Q: Will I receive Management course credit for my CCAF Leadership training?

A: LMM 1101 Leadership & Management, LMM 1102 Managerial Communications, and LMM 1103 Military Studies are equivalent to a lower-level Management elective. They are not equivalent to Granite State College’s MGMT 500 Principles of Management.


  • If you have completed LMM 2121 Leadership & Management II , LMM 2122 Managerial Communications II, and LMM 2123 Military Studies II, you will receive credit for GSC’s MGMT 500 Principles of Management. LMM 2121, LMM 2122, and LMM 2123 must each be a minimum of 2 credits for a total of 6 credits in order for MGMT 500 credit to be granted.
  • If you have completed LMM 2134 Organizational Theory & Behavior, you will receive credit for GSC’s MGMT 566 Organizational Behavior. The course must be a minimum of 3 credits for MGMT 566 credit to be granted.
  • If you have completed LMM 2131 Leadership & Management III, you will receive credit for GSC’s MGMT 602 Leadership. The course must be a minimum of 3 credits for MGMT 602 credit to be granted.


Q: Will I receive Oral Communication course credit for my CCAF Leadership training?

A: You will receive Oral Communication credit for the course that met the Speech requirement in your CCAF associate degree.

Q: I would like to enroll in Granite State College as an Air University student, but I haven’t completed all of the general education courses for my CCAF degree. Is that okay?

A: Yes. As long as you have completed all of the military training required for your CCAF degree, you are eligible to apply to the Bachelor of Science in Applied Technology as an Air University student. You will need to order an official CCAF transcript at the time of application to GSC, as well transcripts from any other regionally-accredited institutions attended and official CLEP/DSST score reports if any. The $45. application fee will be waived. Once your CCAF degree has been conferred, you will need to order an updated transcript so that your associate degree can be added to your GSC transcript.


Contact Us CCAF Degree Counterparts FAQ Catalog/Course Schedule
Visit GSC on Facebook
Visit GSC on Twitter
Visit GSC on LinkedIn

Visit GSC on YouTube
Granite State College
Granite State College
25 Hall Street, Concord, NH 03301
Ph. 603.228.3000  |  Toll Free. 855.472.4255
© 2012 Granite State College. All Rights Reserved. Legal notices
Sign up for GSC Weather & Safety Alerts

Apply Now
Register for Classes
Request Information
Online Programs
Financial Aid Forms
Technical Assistance