Granite State College: University System of New Hampshire

Other Sources of Aid

The United States Army

The United States Army offers educational benefits for individuals enlisting in selected military and occupational specialties. The Montgomery GI Bill and the Army’s College Fund offer financial assistance for future education expenses. Students leaving college may be eligible for the Army’s Loan Repayment Program. This enlistment option, for active Army or Army Reserve, repays eligible federally insured education loans.

The Department of Veteran
Affairs (VA)

The Department of Veteran Affairs offers several programs administered by its Education Service. Aid is available for veterans, reservists, National Guard persons, widows, and orphans. For more information, please visit, or contact:

  • The Veteran Affairs office in Manchester at (800) 827-1000
  • The GSC Veteran's Representative at (603) 332-8335
  • The GSC School Certifying Official at (603) 513-1330
  • or email

Vocational Rehabilitation Programs

Every state operates a vocational rehabilitation program to assist people with a variety of disabilities to return to productive activity. In certain cases, a vocational rehabilitation agency will assist disabled students to meet their college expenses. New Hampshire residents may find more information at the New Hampshire Department of Education.

Non-New Hampshire residents should contact their state agency for more information.


AmeriCorps allows people of all ages and backgrounds to earn educational awards in exchange for a year of community service.

Employer Benefits

Many employers offer their employees a tuition assistance program to assist with the cost of their education. Check with your employer today.


The Department of Health and
Human Services

The Department of Health and Human Services offers scholarships and loan repayment programs through its Indian Health Service, National Institute of Health (NIH) and National Health Service Corporations.