Financing Your Education in 5 Steps…
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)*.
Have your FSA ID ready. If you have not created an FSA ID, you can create one by going here. Complete your FAFSA and use the Granite State College code 031013. Tip! Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information from the IRS. You will receive your estimated financial aid award and/or missing requirement notification within 2 weeks. Awards will be issued beginning in early May.
2. Complete your admissions application.
Once processed, this will give you access to WebROCK to move forward with your financial aid.
3. Check WebROCK often for any additional requirements. (WebROCK login support)
Requirements will vary from student to student and may include submitting an extra document or two, or you might find that you’ve been chosen for Verification. Your award may change as a result of the Verification process, so check WebROCK for updates and respond to any changes. All additional documents must be submitted before any financial aid can be finalized.
4. Complete Federal Student Loan requirements, if applicable. For all new GSC student federal loan borrowers, complete the following two steps in order to begin classes:
5. Your Award. Our goal is to award tuition, fees, and books for two classes per term for those who are eligible. We assume you accept all loans and grants as offered, unless you inform us in writing otherwise. Awards will be adjusted down for actual enrollment at the time of disbursement unless we are otherwise notified via the Award Revision Request. Please complete an Award Revision Request form if you wish to: decline all or a portion of your loans, are requesting aid for more than 8 credits, or are attending fewer terms or classes than are reflected on your award. Please allow sufficient time for us to process these change requests. Typically, changes are completed in 3-5 business days. During peak times, the 3 weeks prior to each term start, processing times may be longer.
*In order to receive Federal financial aid, you must be enrolled in an eligible degree or post-baccalaureate program at Granite State College. In order to receive financial aid, you also need to be achieving Satisfactory Academic Progress.
For additional information, please call 603.513.1392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Granite State College’s mission is to expand access to higher education for working adults. We believe that adults — regardless of income, socioeconomic background, or geographic location—should have access to quality, cost-effective higher education.
Consequently, we work hard to keep our tuition affordable. You can get a great education at Granite State College without creating financial hardship for you or your family. We also recognize that today’s students often rely on more than one resource for paying for college. We encourage you to explore the resources in this section to learn more about the financial aid process and the financing options available to you.
The Granite State College Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our potential and current students, their families and our alumni. We pledge to provide professional and personalized guidance throughout the financial aid process to assist our students in financing their education and success. We adhere to the following guidelines: NASFAA Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
For additional information, contact the Office of Financial Aid:
Phone: 888-228-3000 ext 392 or 603-513-1392