Operating Staff Positions
Payroll & Financial Services Associate
As a member of the Financial Operations team, this position performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine payroll, administrative and buy/pay tasks including but not limited to daily record keeping, maintenance, processing payroll transactions, entering personnel changes through the payroll system, and additional support to the fiscal operations of the College.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Following standard operating procedures, process all Employee Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs) and employee actions into the human resource information system in a timely manner. Enter applicable data changes to update and maintain employee payroll records as necessary (i.e. - direct deposit, garnishments, tax changes, etc.)
- Batch process time records through on-line payroll time reporting system; prepare payroll adjustments, including late payments, overpayments recovery, special requests and payroll expenditure adjustments. Process non-scheduled items, including bonus and commission payments.
- Process hourly, bi-weekly and salary payroll as per established guidelines while complying with all federal, state, and local governmental mandates, as well as College policy requirements.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues and make corrections as needed
- Interface with division staff and Human Resource department to resolve salary and pay discrepancies as it relates to HR/Payroll functions.
- Maintain up-to-date Paid Time Off accrual for employees. Receives and inputs sick, personal, vacation, holiday, and other paid leave time.
- Resolve all employee payroll related questions and/or issues/complaints.
- Prepare and produce special reports upon request from management utilizing an integrated management reporting system.
- Process buy/pay transactions
- Manage, maintain, and review purchasing card documentation
- Provide support to the Bursar for issues related to the processing of military and veteran tuition benefits.
- Maintain processes that support the credit reporting and collections of overdue accounts receivable.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation and 4 years of related experience involving progressively responsible accounting duties, or Associate's Degree in Accounting and 2 years of related experience, or combination of higher education and related experience equal to 4 years.
- Proficient use of the MS Office Suite of tools and experience with a large scale Human Resource Information System.
- Detail-oriented, organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong prioritization, project/time management and follow-through skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Initiative to exercise sharp critical thinking and sound judgment to problem solve independently within organizational guidelines and policies.
- Exceptional customer service skills providing the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Experience within Higher Education a plus.
Starting hourly rate is a minimum of $15.83 per hour.
Search Committee – Payroll/Fiscal Operations Associate
Granite State College
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301
Review of applicants will begin immediately.
GSC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Posted October 11, 2012.